Spinach and Cheese PuffFrom yardsailor 7 years ago
- butter, for baking dish shopping list
- 3 packages 10 oz each frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry ( I used a large bag of Walmart brand spinach, thawed and drained it, the spinach was just like fresh spinach) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups half and half shopping list
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups coarsley grated gruyere cheese (about 6 oz.) I used grated Parmesan shopping list
- salt & ground pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- I added a teaspoon of chopped bottled garlic, just cause I like garlic shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Butter a shallow 1 quart baking dish
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, half & half, eggs, 1 cup Gruyere, 2 teaspoons of salt (or less) 1/8 teaspoon pepper and nutmeg; stir to combine
- Spread evenly in prepared baking dish and top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake until set and top is golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Can be made ahead and reheated, reheats fine.