Hiking SandwichFrom edieamean 6 years ago
- 3 gloves of garlic shopping list
- 2 cups of basil leaves shopping list
- 3 tbsp pine nuts shopping list
- dash of salt shopping list
- dash of pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesean cheese (can subsitute romano) shopping list
- Round or short oval bread shopping list
- fresh baby spinach leaves shopping list
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced deli smoked turkey breast shopping list
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced deli provolone cheese shopping list
- small jar of roasted red peppers, drained shopping list
- tomato slices shopping list
How to make it
- Add the garlic to a food processor or good blender and mince.
- Add the basil leaves, pine nuts salt and pepper to the bowl of the processor.
- While the processor is running, slowing add the olive oil until alll the ingredients are pureed.
- Stop the processor, scrape the sides with a spatula and add the parmesean cheese until well blended.
- Set pesto aside in a bowl.
- Cut off the top of the bread.
- Scoop out the bread until you have a large cavity.
- Spread the pesto on all surfaces inside the bread.
- Save the remaining pesto for other uses.
- Layer spinach, meat, cheese, red peppers and tomato and continue layering until ingredients are used up or sandwich is full.
- Put top back on bread and wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until ready for hike or outing.
The Cookedieamean Evergreen, CO
The Rating4 people
Sounds very tasty and portable too. Wish we had had something like this when we used to go cross country skiing. Great post you have my 5dragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it
Sooo nice, even for a picnic! What a delicious combination! Great recipe!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Mmmmm tasty! Can you hike over here and deliver? loljett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!