Easy Black Bean And Pepper Soup-ciFrom keni 5 years ago
- 30-45oz black beans, undrained(depending on the size of the cans :) shopping list
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced shopping list
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1-4T jarred jalapeno peppers, diced(this will determine most of the heat, so use to your taste) shopping list
- 1 cup beef stock shopping list
- 2t brown sugar shopping list
- juice from 1 lime shopping list
- couple dashes red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1-2t chili powder shopping list
- 1t/2-1t cayenne shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
- salt shopping list
- sour cream for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients besides lime juice, salt , cilantro and sour cream in large saucepan and heat to high simmer.
- Simmer 30-60 minutes, adding salt cilantro and lime juice in the last few minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream.
- *This can also be made in a slow cooker but will only need to cook a couple of hours, adding juice, salt and cilantro just prior to serving.