Cream of Asparagus SoupFrom cookingwithcaitlin 8 years ago
- 2 Bunches asparagus shopping list
- 1/2 Small white onion shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 32 Oz. chicken stock shopping list
- 2 Stems Fresh oregano shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon Snow Orchard tea shopping list
- 1/4 Cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dried ground mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Coarsely chop your asparagus and onion.
- In a saute pot, add olive oil, garlic, asparagus and onion and saute until tender. Once tender, add chicken stock and oregano. Let simmer for one hour on medium-low heat.
- After one hour, add tea for 10 minutes. If you do not have a tea bag, you can always use cheese cloth or a paper towel, tightly wrapped (so the tea does not get into the soup). Remove after 10 minutes and discard.
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until desired consistency.
- Place blender contents back into the saute pot and add whipping cream, salt and ground mustard. Stir and serve!
The Cookcookingwithcaitlin Cincinnati, OH
The Rating5 people
Thank-you so much for sharing this
Delightful "5"FORK!!!!! Soup recipe~
I Must~ 'Make&Taste'~ very soon ~
I hope You will be my 'Food Friend'?
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
I love asparagus and this soup looks and sounds wonderful!juels in Clayton loved it
Oh, wow, who would have thought - Snow Orchard Tea! Beautiful recipe!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!