Green Bean Casserole DeluxeFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms. sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced shopping list
- 1 can water chestnuts, finey diced shopping list
- 4 cans (14.5 ounces each) kitchen sliced green beans (Green Giant are by far the best I have ever had), well drained shopping list
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1/2 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worchestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt with parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Jane's Crazy Mixed-Up salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Essence shopping list
- 1 large can Durkee onion Rings (the 6 ounce size) shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan.
- Saute (on fairly high heat) mushrooms, onion and water chestnuts until mushrooms are browned and moisture has evaporated from the pan.
- Add drained green beans.
- In a separate bowl, combine soup, half-and-half, and seasonings.
- Pour soup mixture over veggie mixture and place in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Top casserole with onion rings and continue to bake an additional 10 minutes, just until onion rings begin to brown a bit.
- Serve immediately.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating5 people
I agree ABSOLUTELY, krum... Thanks.
LAlacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
My family swore they hated green bean casserole, that I love. So made very small 1 for Thanksgiving and it was gone! This new improved 1 will knock em down! Thanks so much, Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
Yuuuummmmmssss.... needed on of these... sounds great... thanks... davewolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!