Angel Food and Berry Pudding with Lemon FondantFrom glennk 6 years ago
- * butter, room temperature shopping list
- * 4 eggs shopping list
- * 3/4 cup whole milk shopping list
- * 3/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon lemon zest shopping list
- * 1/4 cup sugar, plus more for dusting and topping shopping list
- * 1/2 angel food cake shopping list
- * 2 cups mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries), plus more for garnish shopping list
- lemon Fondant: shopping list
- * 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- * 2 lemons, zested and juiced shopping list
How to make it
- Butter and sugar 6 (6-ounce) ramekins.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and sugar. Combine well with a whisk - then let it settle so there are no air bubbles on the surface otherwise these will cause lumps in your anglaise.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Tear the cake up into large pieces using your hands, add to the custard mixture and toss to combine. Equally divide the berries among the ramekins and top with the cake mixture. Gently press down so they are packed evenly. Sprinkle with more sugar, then refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes to let soak.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the center of the oven. The pudding is ready when it has puffed up and the custard is set. The top should be a nice golden color. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Make the fondant. In a mixing bowl combine sifted powdered sugar, water, lemon zest and juice.
- Once the pudding has cooled slightly, invert onto an individual serving plate. Drizzle the lemon fondant over warm bread pudding and serve with extra fresh berries.
- (If using Brioche use 1/2 cup sugar, and 4 big slices of brioche)
The Cookglennk Dalmeny, CA
The Rating4 people
I really like your adaptation of Tyler's recipe. I love angel food cake and I think it really works with this recipe. Plus, it's so pretty to serve and sounds delicious. Thanks for posting your recipe - great job! :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
This is so beautiful and absolutely delicious sounding! Definitely a 5 from me, and flagged this for beauty!juels in Clayton loved it
wow!!!! this looks so yummy thank you cant wait to have some .........
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!