Fish Fillet FlorentineFrom mitchki 5 years ago
- 1 1/4 lbs mild white fish (tilapia, swai, halibut, mahi mahi) shopping list
- 6 oz bagged, already washed baby spinach shopping list
- 8 oz sliced button mushrooms shopping list
- 2 large or 3 medium shallots shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 Tbsp butter shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 3/4 plain bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated paremsan or romano cheese shopping list
- 4 Tbsp butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Melt the 2 Tbsp butter in a large skillet and sautee the shallots over low to medium heat. When they are limp, add the mushrooms and stir to coat. Add the spinach and cover for 2-3 minutes to wilt. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir gently to make sure the spinach is wilted uniformly and flavors are mixed. (Don't overcook, it will be cooking more in the oven.)
- Pour sauteed vegetables into the bottom of a small to medium casserole dish.
- Lay the fish in an even layer over the vegetables.
- Perpare the topping by melting the 4 Tbsp of butter and mixing in the grated cheese and bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the top of the fish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the fish is firm and flaky.