Peach ButterFrom lacrenshaw 8 years ago
How to make it
- Slice peaches (I don't peel them because the flecks of color are cool!)
- Cook in a heavy Dutch Oven on low heat until peaches begin to juice.
- Increase heat.
- Cook peaches until soft.
- Remove peaches to a food processor OR blender.
- Measure the amount of puree as you return it to the cooking pot.
- Add 1 cup of sugar for each cup of puree.
- Test for consistency on plate.
- Take a saucer and drip a small amount of butter onto it. If it sets up "soft" OR like a spread for bread, it's right.
- This stuff is wonderful.
- **Don't be tempted to use less sugar or the butter won't set up.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating5 people
Mmmmmm sounds delectable!jett2whit in Union City loved it
My mouth is watering. This sounds fo good. Thanksdragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it
YEA! I love it. 5 from me. I will add this to my camping cookbook I'm makingsunflower48386 in White Lake loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!