Zoe made a key lime pieFrom zoetheunicorn 8 years ago
- 140g graham crackers (we dont have them in Aus. either so i used Arnotts Shreaded Wheat biscuits) shopping list
- 60g butter, melted shopping list
- 400g can condensed milk (i used skim) shopping list
- 2 tsp grated lime rind shopping list
- 1/3 cup lime juice shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 4 Tbsp white sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 170 Celcius, line a pie pan.
- Process the grahams in a food processor till they are crumbs. Stir in the melted butter and press into the pie pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or so and allow to cool.
- Combine the condensed milk, lime rind and juice, one whole egg and 2 egg yolks. (Save the whites for meringue)
- Pour into the pie crust, cover and chill for one hour.
- Preheat your oven to 175 Celcius.
- FOR THE MERINGUE, beat the eggwhites in a glass bowl with electric beaters untill they're foamy. Add in the sugar one tablespoon at a time, beating well after each one.
- Beat till it forms soft peaks.
- Spread over the pie and bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool then put it in the fridge till you wanna eat it.