Lemon Cream TartFrom glennk 8 years ago
- lemon filling shopping list
- 2 x whole eggs shopping list
- 4 x egg yolks shopping list
- 3/4 cups sugar, more to taste shopping list
- 3/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 2/3 cup crème fraîche or heavy cream shopping list
- 1 x shortbread crust (see recipe) shopping list
- Shortbread crust shopping list
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons/150 g flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 tbsp cold water shopping list
How to make it
- Lemon Cream Tart
- 1. Heat the oven to 325ºF/160ºC. Beat together the eggs, yolks, and sugar in a bowl.
- 2. Add the lemon juice. Whisk in the cream. Strain into the shell. Skim off any surface foam, and pop any bubbles. Bake until just set, about 30 minutes. Let cool before serving.
- Shortbread pastry
- 1. Put the flour, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Add the butter pieces and pinch with the fingers to create a crumb texture.
- 2. Make a well in the middle, and pour in the vanilla and water. Quickly work in the flour to create dough. Do not over-mix.
- 3. Pat into a disk, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- 4. Roll out the dough, line the tart shell, chill anothr 15 minutes.
- 5. To prebake: Heat the oven to 400F/200C. Bake the shell until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
The Cookglennk Dalmeny, CA
The Rating3 people
I WANT 3 DOLLOPS OF WHIPPED CREAM ELGA ..YUMMMM HAHAHAHA
LOVE LEMON NICE POST
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Does sound easy, and looks so beautiful and mouthwatering! Flagged for beauty and a definite 5!juels in Clayton loved it
You are sooo right - one dollop of whipped cream it will make it heaven!elgab89 in Toronto loved it