Mojito Jerk ChickenFrom wolfpackjack 8 years ago
- 4 chicken breast or thighs; skin on shopping list
- 2 -3 tablespoons Jamaican Jerk seasoning shopping list
- 1 ounce light Jamaican rum (I prefer Meyer's dark... sweeter and more flavor) shopping list
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice shopping list
- sprig mint leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar (can use light brown) shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a Ziploc bag and mix thoroughly. Add the chicken and coat thoroughly.
- Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours, ensuring the chicken is coated at all times. The longer the chicken marinates, the more intense the flavor will be. The alcohol and lime juice should "preserve" the chicken.
- When ready to grill, remove from bag and pat dry.
- Let the chicken return to room temperature (about 10 minutes) while the grill is heating.
- Grill skin side down for about 5 minutes, then turn over, lower the heat, and grill until done.
- Note: Original recipe stated: You can use 1/4 cup store-bought mojito instead of mixing your own rum, lime juice, mint leaves, and sugar. There is no guarantee that it will contain Jamaican rum, but any bottled mojito that uses light rum will work.
- The chicken will caramelize due to the sugar.