Polish Cinnamon CakeFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 12 Tbs (180 ml) butter shopping list
- 1 cup (250 ml) sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3 tsp (15 ml) cinnamon shopping list
- A grating of fresh nutmeg shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) whipping cream shopping list
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Beat the butter until it is soft and fluffy.
- Add 3/4 cup (180 ml) of the sugar and the egg and continue beating.
- Add 2 tsp (10 ml) of the cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour, and beat until well mixed.
- Spread about 1/3 of the batter on an ungreased baking sheet, forming a rectangle about 10x12 inches (25x30 cm) and bake in a preheated 400F (200C) oven for 8 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Repeat two more times with the remaining batter.
- Whip the cream until stiff, and fold in the remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar, the remaining 1 teaspoon (5 ml) cinnamon, and the vanilla.
- Spread a thin layer of whipped cream on one of the cakes, top with another cake, and repeat.
- let cool
- Spread remaining whipped cream on the top and serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
That DOES sound delightful, joan. 5 5 5 5 5
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
it's different and I like it!herby in Albany loved it
great polish recipe will print and save thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
The Breakfast Club442 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together134 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Breakfast Craze69 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
Cakes Of Any Type143 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
Butter Is Better68 members
International Baking67 members