Sweet Herb Roasted PecansFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1 pound pecan halves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon piment d’Espelette (see Tip) or a pinch of cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread pecans on a large baking sheet.
- Roast until fragrant, about 12 minutes.
- Watch carefully so they don’t burn.
- Combine brown sugar, salt, thyme, rosemary, pepper and piment d’Espelette (or cayenne) in a small bowl.
- Transfer the roasted pecans to a large bowl, drizzle with oil and toss well to coat completely.
- Sprinkle with the spice mixture and toss again.
- Serve warm or let cool completely and store in an airtight container.
- TIP: Tip: Piment d’Espelette is a sweet, mildly spicy chile pepper from the Basque region of France, ground into a powder.
- Find it online at spanishtable.com.
- MAKE AHEAD TIP: Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
Quick N Easy121 members
Party Food316 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
All Holidays135 members
Appetizers And Dips266 members
Nuts And More Nuts52 members
Anything With NUTs42 members
Secret Ingredients54 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members