Lamb Casserole in Red WineFrom fergie 5 years ago
- 2 lamb shanks or Joint of Lamb (Size the meat to suite size of appetite!) shopping list
- 2 Large potatoes - Peeled and choped into quarters. shopping list
- 1 Large carrot - Peeled and choped into 1/2 inch chunks. shopping list
- 1 Large white onion - Peeled and chopped into quarters shopping list
- 200g of mushrooms, washed and halved. (Any type of mushroom will do) shopping list
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic - sliced coursly. shopping list
- 2 tspn Tomatoe Puree shopping list
- 200ml red wine (A good Shiraz is perfect. Make sure it is not a cheap wine as the flavour will be compromised) shopping list
- 400ml vegetable stock (2 stock cubes disolved in warm water is fine). shopping list
How to make it
- In a large caserole dish, place the lamb in the centre.
- Arrange the vegtables around the lamb
- Sprinkle the garlic around the meat.
- Add the Red Wine
- Add the tomato puree and pour the tomatoes over everything
- Top up with the Vegetable Stock until the liquid just covers everything.
- Place a lid on the casserole dish
- Place in the centre of the oven and cook at 150 Centigrade for 4 hours (Do not preheat the oven)
- Whilst waiting - you can enjoy the rest of the bottle of red wine whilst watching your favourite film or you could nip out and play a round of golf to build up your appetite!
The Cookfergie Sevenoaks, GB
The Rating5 people
Slow cooked tender lamb savory and delicious. Love this kind of comfort food.My dad would make this with veal all the time.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Mmmmmmm - sounds delicious! 5 forks for this!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
Great recipe thanks,!!!sallya2 in Kent loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!