Flan Spanish egg-custardFrom cookingbringmehappiness 8 years ago
How to make it
- Flan - Blend all ingredients until completely mixed. Pour the flan mixture thru a metal strainer right into the caramelized pan.
- Set the mold in a broiling pan (baño de María). Cook in a 350º oven for one hour. At 30 minutes check to see if it's getting too brown on top - if so cover loosely with foil.
- Test the flan to see if it's done by inserting a knife in the center. If the flan is still soft, let it cook longer until a knife inserted again comes out clean. Remove from the oven carefully and let it sit on the counter until it cools. Then cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- To serve lay a plate on top of the mold then carefully flip it over and slide the mold off.
- Stove Top Caramel - Melt 1cup sugar in a non-stick pan, over low heat. Keep your eye on it. If it burns you will have to start over. It just needs to melt that's all. Using a non stick pan will cause the caramel to just slip off the pan when pouring - easy to clean later.
- Immediately pour the caramel into a metal pan and swirl it around to cover the bottom and sides. Your have to be quick because once it starts to cool down you don't stand a chance. The caramel should have cooled down before you pour the egg mixture in it.
- Microwave Caramel
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbs of water
- Place sugar and water in a microwave proof bowl. Microwave for 5 min. and keep your eye on it. Just needs to melt and be slightly golden.
- Immediately pour the caramel into the Microwavable Flan Mold and swirl it around to cover the bottom and sides. You'll have to be quick because once it starts to cool down you don't stand a chance. The caramel should have cooled down before you pour the egg mixture in it.
The Cookcookingbringmehappiness Rockford, IL
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!