Chocolate Shortbread CookiesFrom midgelet 7 years ago
How to make it
- In the bowl of a standing electric mixer fitted with a paddle, beat the butter until creamy.
- Add the sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, then beat in the cocoa on low speed.
- Beat in the flour and salt; the dough will be very soft.
- Divide the dough in half and place each half between 2 large sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- Roll out the dough 1/4 inch thick and transfer to 2 baking sheets.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Working with one piece of dough at a time, remove the top sheet of parchment and invert the dough onto a lightly floured work surface; remove the second sheet of parchment.
- Using a floured 3-inch cookie cutter, stamp out cookies as close together as possible.
- Transfer the cookies to parchment paper–lined baking sheets and bake for about 14 minutes, or until firm.
- Let cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then, using a metal spatula, transfer the cookies to a rack to cool completely.
- Reroll the scraps, and stamp out more cookies, chilling the scraps between batches.
- Make Ahead The dough can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Yiled depends on size of cookies
- For holidays use animal shapes, stars, snowman etc.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
I am a shortbread freak... thanks, midge!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
looks real good!herby in Albany loved it
love shortbread cookies thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
Chocolate Dreams354 members
Cookies And Sweets452 members
All About Choclate86 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Death By Chocolate122 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
Butter Is Better68 members
International Baking67 members
Chocolate Finatics25 members