Colcannon - Cabbage And PotatoesFrom softgrey 5 years ago
How to make it
- First- Bake the potato (I do this in the microwave...just pierce the skin several times with a fork and let cook for 31/2 minutes on high in the microwave. When microwave shuts off, wrap potato in tin foil to complete cooking process)
- While potato is baking, heat bacon fat (or butter) in a non stick skillet on medium heat and brown onion...about 5 minutes
- Add cabbage and mix continually until cabbage becomes translucent and starts to soften...about 5 minutes.
- Smash potato whilst still in the foil (do not mash, what you want is chunks).
- Add smashed potato to pan and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue cooking until flavours blend - about 5 - 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
The Cooksoftgrey New York
- Not added to any groups yet!