Easy Apple StrudelFrom upstatevoyager 7 years ago
- 1/2 package (17.3 ounce) frozen puff pastry (1 sheet) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspooon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons raisins (I used more, it didn't look like enough) shopping list
- Confectioner's sugar (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw puff pastry sheet at room temperature for 40 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet (I used parchment paper instead)
- Whisk together egg and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add apples and raisins and toss to combine.
- Unfold pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll sheet into a 16x12 inch rectangle.
- WIth short side toward you, spoon apple mixture onto bottom half of pastry sheet to within 1 inch of edges.
- Starting at short side close to you, roll up jelly roll fashion. Tuck ends under to seal.
- Place seam side down on baking sheet and brush with egg mixture.
- Cut several 2 inch long slits in top, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Cook on baking sheet on a wire rack 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar if desired.
- Slice and serve warm.