Chocolate Meringue KissesFrom lillyann 8 years ago
How to make it
- In a mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk egg whites until foamy. Add in cream of tartar, and continue mixing until soft peaks form.
- Very slowly, about a tablespoon at a time, sprinkle in sugar. Keep whisking until stiff peaks form, and sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk in vanilla and cocoa powder. With a rubber spatula, gently fold in the chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees (95 degrees celsius), and place 2 oven racks in the center positions.
- Transfer the meringue to a very large pastry bag (18 inches) fitted with a large star tip (Wilton 1M). Pipe stars onto two parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 90 minutes, until dry but not brown. Turn off oven and prop open the oven door with a wooden spoon. Leave the meringues in the cooling oven until the it is completely cool.
- COOKS NOTE: For this recipe, it’s pretty important to use superfine sugar. If you don’t have any, you can put regular granulated sugar in a food processor for about 30 seconds, or you could also place the egg whites with granulated sugar in a mixer bowl, set it over a pan of simmering water, and whisk gently until the sugar dissolves. Remove the bowl from the water and place in the stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Add in cream of tartar, and whisk on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in remaining ingredients.
The Cooklillyann Colorado Springs, CO
The Rating1 people
Thanks Lillyann.....awesomely decadent!!!!!!
i need to walk an extra mile just by looking at these yummers...............:]
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it