Herbed Green Bean Casserole RecipeFrom irishiz 6 years ago
- Two 14-ounce cans green beans, drained or approximately 1 1/2 lbs fresh or quick frozen green beans shopping list
- 3/4 cup dried bread crumbs, divided shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 2 teaspoons parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup Crisco oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain the beans and place in a bowl.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients and toss together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the dry ingredients and the crisco oil into the green beans, reserving 2 tablespoons of crumb mixture for the top.
- Place in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden and crispy.
- You can replace the canned beans with frozen or blanched and cooled fresh beans. The dried breadcrumbs and herbs can be replaced with Italian style breadcrumbs and add the garlic and Parmesan cheese.
The Cookirishiz Annapolis, MD
- Not added to any groups yet!