Easy Cuban Pork RoastFrom nadira 4 years ago
How to make it
- Open black beans and add to crock pot
- add Italian dressing
- and bayleaves
- If you like a heavier garlic flavor which is common in Carribean food, you can add crushed garlic to your taste. Generally, the Italian dressing has enough.
- Adjust salt to taste, remember that the slow cooking process brings out all the juices in the meats so it waters down the flavors, so you may have to add more salt but I do it in the end.
- Taste your beans mixture, then add the pork butt in.
- Cook for approximately 4-6 hours on low heat in crockpot.
- or 2-3 on high. Making sure the pork is well done and not pink.
- The roast will be tender and separate in chunks.
- Remove Bay Leaves and server over white rice .
- We generally serve Tostones on the side. (Fried Green plantains)
- or Amarillos, (Fried Ripe Plantians)
- I'll add this to the recipes next.
- This is a great dish for those interested in sampling typical Cuban Cuisine but in an easy, no fuss way.
The Cooknadira Kapolei, HI
The Rating3 people
Yuuuumm.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
wonderful and so easy ! one of our family favorites for a busy day and good enough for company, no need to tell guests how easy it is ! i use lime juice instead of vinegar when i mix up the italian dressing for authentic flavor and less oil, but the...moreomadoesntcook in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!