Sweet Noodle KugelFrom shirleyoma 7 years ago
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles shopping list
- 1 cup dark raisins shopping list
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, cooled shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 cups whole milk shopping list
- 3 cups cornflakes, coarsely crushed shopping list
- 1/4 cup (packed) dark brown sugar shopping list
- Optional: chopped apricots or apples shopping list
How to make it
- Noodle Kugel
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 cup dark raisins
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 cups whole milk
- 3 cups cornflakes, coarsely crushed
- 1/4 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish.
- Spread uncooked noodles over bottom of prepared dish and sprinkle
- with raisins. Whisk eggs, sour cream, butter and sugar in large
- bowl until smooth. Whisk in milk and pour mixture over noodles.
- Let kugel stand 5 minutes.
- Mix cornflakes and brown sugar in bowl; sprinkle evenly over kugel.
- Bake kugel until set in center, about 1 hour. Cut kugel into squares.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating5 people
I just love these yummy oma thank you tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Yum - sweet noodles who would've thunk it?!jett2whit in Union City loved it
HEY SHIRLEY!I SAW SOMETHING LIKE THIS BUT IS WAS JUST PLAIN!SOUNDS REALLY GOOD WITH ALL THE EXTRA GOODIES!THANK YOU SO MUCH! CAROL LEEleebear in Brookpark loved it
Sweet Tooth447 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Jewish Food Lovers100 members
Pasta Place196 members
German GermanAmerican Food156 members
Family Favourites134 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Pass Down Recipes314 members