Deep Chocolate Meringue PieFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4 eggs, separated shopping list
- 2 cups whole milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 9-inch baked pie shell, cooled shopping list
- Meringue ( make from 4 whites ) shopping list
- 6 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together the sugar, cocoa, salt and flour in mixing bowl and set aside.
- Separate all four eggs.
- Set egg whites aside in a large bowl for the meringue
- Put the yolks in a heavy saucepan and beat well with a fork or whisk.
- Then stir in the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the milk, adding just a little at a time to keep mixture smooth.
- Cook mixture over medium heat, and add vanilla when it begins to boil.
- Boil, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat; beat out any lumps that may have formed.
- Pour into baked pie shell and top with meringue while filling is still hot.
- Bake in 350°F oven until meringue is lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes.
- To avoid weeping meringue,place on warm or hot filling, not on a cold filling, sealing edges to crust
- To Make meringue:
- Beat the egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- With mixer running, add the cream of tartar, then gradually add the sugar, a tablespoon at a time, and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Beat in the vanilla.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
Sweet Tooth446 members
Chocolate Dreams354 members
A Slice Of Pie126 members
Choco Lovers138 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Chocoholics Anonymous153 members
Family Favorites140 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Death By Chocolate122 members
Companys Coming115 members