Herb Grilled SteakFrom chaela 8 years ago
- 1-2 head garlic shopping list
- 3-4 teaspoons snipped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or cooking oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 boneless sirloin steaks or 3 rib eye steaks shopping list
- 1-2 teaspoon cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Remove papery outer layers from garlic bulbs, leaving individual cloves attached to the bulbs.
- Cut off about 1/2 inch from the top of each bulb and throw away.
- Place garlic in the center of a double layer of foil.
- Fold foil up around garlic to form a shallow bowl.
- Sprinkle garlic with basil and rosemary.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Completely enclose garlic in the foil, twisting ends of foil on top. Grill foil packet over medium coals for 30 minutes or until cloves re soft.
- Remove bulbs from foil, reserving herb and oil mixture.
- Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, season steaks with the salt and pepper and grill until desired doneness alongside the garlic packets.
- To serve, cut steak into servings.
- Carefully squeeze pulp from garlic cloves onto steaks.
- Mash pulp slightly with a fork.
- Drizzle herb-oil mixture over steaks and garlic.
The Cookchaela Sioux City, IA
- Not added to any groups yet!