Salt Water TaffyFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
How to make it
- Combine sugar, syrup, water, salt and glycerin in a heavy saucepan.
- Place on low heat and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Cook without stirring to the hard ball stage.
- Remove from heat and add butter.
- When butter is melted pour into a buttered shallow pan.
- When cool enough to handle, gather into a ball and pull until rather firm.
- Add vanilla while pulling then stretch out into a long rope and cut in 2” pieces.
- Wrap each piece in waxed paper then when hard twist paper at both ends.
- This will keep candy from becoming sticky.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
I'll have to give this recipe a try... my only time making taffy was a failure.... it never hardened... so i had candy blobs but they tasted ok.... I was 15 at the time..!!!!peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Wow, this sounds great... I'm definitely going to have to try this one! Thanks for posting. :)sarah_jayne in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!