Italian CookiesFrom kupuggie 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- For glaze shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, cream together 1/2 cup butter and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and ricotta cheese.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into the cheese mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are golden.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For Glaze
- In a medium bowl, cream together the remaining butter and confectioners' sugar.
- Beat in vanilla and milk gradually until a spreadable consistency is reached.
- Frost cooled cookies.