Crockpot Hunters StewFrom upstatevoyager 8 years ago
- 2 sweet onions, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 pounds boneless beef cubes shopping list
- 1 pound cubed chicken, turkey or pork shopping list
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 1/2 inch slices shopping list
- 2 cups baby carrots shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 2 large or 4 small cans mushrooms with liquid shopping list
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut in 1 inch cubes shopping list
- 2 (0.88 ounce) packages brown gravy mix, divided shopping list
How to make it
- In bottom of greased slow cooker, layer onions.
- Layer meats on top of onions.
- Layer with celery and carrots.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 5 hours.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, brown sugar, stewed tomatoes with liquid and mushrooms with liquid.
- Add enough water to almost cover meat and vegetables.
- Add one package brown gravy mix.
- Cover and cook on low setting 6 to 7 hours.
- If mixture appears to thin at end of cooking time, add second package of gravy mix.