Osso BuccoFrom chef_irish 4 years ago
- 4 veal shanks around 3 inches thick shopping list
- 1 cup of flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 yellow onion chopped shopping list
- 1 carrots peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 stalks of celery chopped shopping list
- 4 clove of crushed garlic shopping list
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup of red wine shopping list
- 1 cup of beef or veal stock shopping list
- 4oz. of tomato paste shopping list
- 1/4 cup of olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Dredge veal shanks in flour with salt and pepper.
- In a large pot fry the veal until brown on all sides.
- Remove shanks from pot and set aside.
- Saute carrots, onions and celery for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic ad thyme for about another 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste for about 1 minute.
- Add red wine and broth.
- Turn burner on high and reduce sauce for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Turn burner down and add veal shanks back into the pot and cover.
- Simmer for about 2 hours.
- Be careful when taking the shanks out of the pot so they don't fall apart and you don't lose the bone marrow.
- Place on a plate and spoon sauce over veal.
- Serve with risotto recipe below.
- Optional Gremolata to sprinkle over dish
- 2 Tbls of minced garlic
- 2 Tbls of chopped parsley
- 1 Tbls of grated lemon zest
The Cookchef_irish Gainesville, FL
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!