Southern Split BiscuitsFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 medium potatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted lard shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 yeast cake shopping list
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water shopping list
- 2 eggs well beaten shopping list
- 6 cups flour shopping list
- Melted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and boil potatoes until thoroughly cooked then mash fine with fork or ricer.
- Add 1/2 cup melted butter and lard then add sugar and salt.
- Add milk and yeast that has been dissolved in lukewarm water.
- Add eggs and blend thoroughly.
- Add flour to potato mixture 2 cups at a time beating vigorously after each addition.
- Put in well greased covered bowl and set in warm place then let rise until double in bulk.
- Roll out to desired thickness then cut with biscuit cutter.
- Place one on top of another after covering bottom one with melted butter.
- Press together firmly then allow to rise in warm place until light.
- Place on greased shallow biscuit pan or on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until golden brown.