Albondigas SoupFrom chef_irish 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce shopping list
- 3 quarts of chicken stock or beef stock OR water OR a mixture of both (we usually use half stock half water as the meatballs will create their own stock) shopping list
- 2 large carrots, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 lb of string beans, cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 1/3 cup of raw white rice shopping list
- 1 raw egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh mint leaves and/or parsley shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup of frozen or fresh peas shopping list
- Dried oregano, crumbled shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and minced garlic and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce and broth mixture. Bring to boil and simmer. Add carrots and string beans.
- Prepare meatballs. Mix rice into meat, adding mint land parsley leaves, salt and pepper. Add raw egg. Form beef into 1-inch meatballs.
- Return soup to gentle simmer. Add meatballs to soup, one at a time. Cover and let simmer for 1/2 hour. Add peas towards the end of the 1/2 hour. Add a few pinches of oregano and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish soup with chopped fresh cilantro
The Cookchef_irish Gainesville, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!