Pulled Pork SandwichFrom chef_irish 7 years ago
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled shopping list
- 1 pickled jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of Chipotle chile powder shopping list
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 3/4 cup distilled white vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/3 cup ketchup shopping list
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 3 lbs of pork butt shoulder roast, trimmed of excess fat shopping list
- hamburger buns shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- Purée all of the sauce ingredients (everything except the bay leaf, the pork and the buns) in a blender until smooth. If you have extra time, marinate the pork in the sauce overnight or for several hours before cooking.
- Put sauce, bay leaf, and pork into a large pot and add 1 quart of water. Bring mixture to a boil and simmer, covered, turning frequently, for 2 hours or until the meat pulls apart easily with a fork.
- Remove from heat and cool pork in the sauce. When cool, remove the pork from the sauce and shred into small pieces. Set aside.
- Reduce the sauce by two thirds. Add the pork back to the sauce. Salt to taste. Remove bay leaf before serving. Serve hot over open-face hamburger buns.