Red Onion Maytag Blue Cheese BurgersFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2 pounds ground chuck shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 4 ounces maytag blue cheese shopping list
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts toasted shopping list
- 2 medium red onions sliced shopping list
- 6 sesame seed hamburger buns shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Combine beef, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Shape meat mixture into 12 patties.
- Mash cheese and blend with walnuts in a small bowl.
- Divide cheese mixture equally and place on centers of 6 meat patties.
- Top with remaining meat patties then tightly pinch edges together to seal in filling.
- Oil hot grid to help prevent sticking.
- Grill patties and onions on a covered grill over medium coals for 12 minutes.
- Brush buns on one side with olive oil.
- Move cooked burgers to edge of grill to keep warm.
- Grill bread oil side down for 5 minutes.
- Serve burgers on toasted rolls.