Russian Mushroom And Potato SoupFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 5Tbs butter,divided shopping list
- 2 leeks,chopped shopping list
- 2lg. carrots,sliced shopping list
- 6c chicken broth shopping list
- 2tsp dried dill weed shopping list
- 2tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2lbs. potatoes,peeled and diced shopping list
- 1lb fresh mushrooms,sliced shopping list
- 1c half and half shopping list
- 1/4c all purpose flour shopping list
- fresh dill weed,for garnish(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 3Tbs butter in large saucepan over med. heat. Mix in leeks and carrots,and cook 5 mins. Pour in broth. Season with dill,salt,pepper, and bay leaf. Mix in potatoes,cover,cook 20 mins. or till potatoes are tender but firm. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Melt remaining butter in skillet over med heat,and saute the mushrooms 5 mins.,until lightly browned. Stir into the soup.
- In a small bowl,mix half and half and flour till smooth. Stir into the soup to thicken. Garnish each bowl of soup with fresh dill to serve.