Tagliatelle with Smashed Peas Sausage and Ricotta CheeseFrom borinda 8 years ago
- 1 lb. fresh or dried Tagliatelle or other wide and long pasta shopping list
- 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 pound hot italian sausage, casings removed shopping list
- 1 pound frozen peas, thawed shopping list
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta shopping list
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped to about 3/4 cup shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the pasta in lots of salted water
- While the water's coming to a boil cook the chopped garlic in the oil in a skillet until it is fragrant - don't burn it.
- Add the sausage meat and cook, smashing to break it up into bits, as it cooks.
- Once that's cooked (about five minutes) push it to the side of the skillet and add the peas. Smash them with a potato masher as they heat.
- Turn off the heat and add the ricotta to the pan and stir all together.
- Add the pasta cooking water about 1/4 cup at a time (I used about 1 1/2 cup total), to make a pleasingly textured sauce.
- Mix the basil, Pecorino, and salt.
- Mix in the pasta and it's bliss.
The Cookborinda SoCal, CA
The Rating2 people
I made this last night for company and we all loved it. Very nice - and so easy to make. Plus, it's loaded with flavor and comfort. I served with a salad and warm homemade foccacia. Add in some good wine - ahh yes. A keeper. Thanks, hon. :)lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!