Southern Crawfish GumboFrom chef_irish 6 years ago
- 1 - pound crawdads, cooked and cleaned shopping list
- 8 - ounces smoked sausage shopping list
- 1/2 - pound fresh (preferred) or frozen okra shopping list
- 1 - medium white onion shopping list
- 1 - can whole tomatoes shopping list
- 8 - ounces frozen corn shopping list
- 1 - teaspoon parsley flakes shopping list
- 1/2 - teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 - pint half and half shopping list
- 2 - cups water shopping list
- 2 – tablespoons creole or cajun seasoning shopping list
How to make it
- Start off by cutting your smoked sausage into bite sized quarters. Next add sausage to a large skillet and cook until browned. Add onions to skillet and cook until tender, stirring often.
- Next add water, tomatoes, corn, okra and creole or cajun seasoning. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Finally add your remaining ingredients, the crawdads and half-and-half. Simmer for any additionally 10 minutes
- Serve with Steamed or Boiled Rice and Sweet Cornbread.