Macaroni and CheeseFrom jb4 9 years ago
- 1 lb elbow macaroni (cooked) shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 lb cheese, cut into cubes (I use Velveeta for creamier mac and cheese) shopping list
- breadcrumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a pan cook butter, salt, pepper and flour and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat add milk, return to heat and bring to a boil.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add cheese, stir until melted.
- Pour over elbows, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 57
The Cookjb4 Farmington, NY
The Rating9 people
Great mac and cheese! Even my ultra-picky 4 year old loves it, and he just asked for seconds, telling me he'd "eat it every day." That's saying something! I used half Velveeta and the other half of the cheese was a blend of Jack, Colby and Cheddar...moreelle in loved it
this is my kind of mac & cheese! I prefer a creamier dish, so the idea of velveeta and maybe a bit of chedder for sharpness sounds way to good! I agree w/ Tmac6689...bacon is always a good thing!arpam in Thompson loved it
I just made this tonight and it was wonderful! Creamy, just the way I like it. I used 12 oz velveeta and about 5 oz of monterey jack and maybe 1/2 tsp ground mustard. YUMM!! Will definatly be making this again...and again!arpam in Thompson loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!