Pork And Sausage JambalayaFrom petunia97 6 years ago
- 1 lb. of sausage( l use smoked pork sausage), cut into 1/2 inch slices shopping list
- 1 lb. of lean cubed pork shopping list
- 3 onions, chopped shopping list
- salt, pepper, creole seasoning (LeBlanc's) shopping list
- 1 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 6 cups of water shopping list
- 3 cups of Mahatma long grain rice shopping list
How to make it
- Spray pot with a nonstick spray
- Cook sausage until almost done, remove
- Add cubed pork, season with salt, pepper and creole seasoning
- Brown the pork and remove
- Add chopped onion and cook until onions are almost brown.
- Add a little water if necessary.
- Be sure to watch carefully so onions don't burn.
- Add the sausage and pork back into the pot.
- Mix well with onions
- Add about 1 cup of water , cover and lower heat and let it cook for about 30 minutes. Watch it to make sure it doesn't burn. Stir occasionally.
- Add 6 cups of water, and the rice. Add the seasonings to taste and the garlic powder.
- When it comes to a boil, cover, lower heat and let it simmer for 20 mins. Fluff rice and cover and let it simmer for about 15 more mins.
- Remove lid. Fluff the rice.
- We serve this with potato salad and bread. (oh, and also a big pot of white beans goes well too!) ENJOY!!!