cake doughnutFrom jmatthews00 8 years ago
- vegetable oil -- for frying shopping list
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons shortening shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil (2 to 3 inches) in deep-fat fryer or heavy kettle to 375 F.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups of the flour and the remaining ingredients in large mixer bowl on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in remaining flour. Turn dough onto well-floured cloth-covered board; roll around lightly to coat with flour. Roll gently 3/8 inch thick.
- Cut with floured doughnut cutter. Slide doughnuts into hot oil with wide spatula. Turn doughnuts as they rise to surface.
- Fry until golden brown, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Remove from oil; do not prick doughnuts. Drain on paper towels. Serve plain, sugared or frosted.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookjmatthews00 Central, NY
The Rating4 people
mmmmmmmm yummy i love it bring them on while there hot hahaha
minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Mmmmmmmmmm Mmmmmmmmmmm MMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!broadzilla in Saxonburg loved it
Love the homemade cake donuts as a wee lass they are delicous thanks great postmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it