Fried RiceFrom jaie 7 years ago
- 4 cups cooked and drained rice which has been refrigerated overnight....trust me, it has to refrigerate overnight to get the take-out rice quality! shopping list
- 4 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups juilenne-cut roast pork, cooked chicken, or cooked shrimp shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped scallions (not teeny-tiny chop, like in take-out) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the rice THE DAY BEFORE YOU WANT TO USE IT and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet or wok.
- Cook the rice in it, stirring steadily and pressing out any lumps, until it becomes lightly browned.
- Add the pork, chicken or shrimp and salt and pepper.
- Cook about 1 minute, stirring consistently.
- Make a "hollow" in the center of the mixture and pour the eggs into it.
- Stir until the eggs begin to set, and then mix them into the rice mixture.
- Blend in the parsley and soy sauce.
- Garnish with the scallions.
- Serve with Duck Sauce, if you like. This was the only time I ever had fried rice restaurant-style without having to get out of my pajamas!!!