Steak Diane With MushroomsFrom jaie 9 years ago
- 4 beef top loin steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 2 pounds total)...truth be told, you can "fake it" with more inexpensive cuts of meat! shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, divided shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, fresh and minced (don't use the jar stuff) shopping list
- 1 cup quartered mushrooms (I prefer portabello, but white work) shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots shopping list
- 1/4 cup brandy (just get the little bottle) shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry sherry (not too expensive, ask for the best. Use is later with seafood!) shopping list
- 4 teaspoons dijon-style mustard (does not need to be Grey Poupon!) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce (I do use Lea&Perrins) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon snipped parsley, use fresh shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, and cook 1-1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and shallots, continue cooking 2-3 minutes. (sing the happy birthday song 4-6 times!)
- Remove from pan to a small bowl.
- Cover and reserve.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the same pan over high heat.
- Add beef top loin steaks
- Cook 2 minutes on each side, or until you've achived desired doneness.
- Season with salt and pepper, if you want to. If you don't want to, than forget aboutit...no cooking police to cite you! (although I think S&P are needed!)
- Remove and put onto a warm serving dish, as in; the dish you'll serve the finished product on.
- Add the reserved mushoom mixture, brandy, sherry, mustard, and worcestershire sauce to the hot pan, stirring to combine.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon over steaks and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve and enjoy :)
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!