Traditional Fried CatfishFrom chef_irish 7 years ago
- 4 catfish fillets shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- ½ cup cornmeal shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- ½ cup flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- lemon wedges (if desired) shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- In bowl combine cornmeal, flour, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. In separate bowl, with a fork stir together the milk and egg.
- Heat a ½ inch of vegetable oil in a skillet. Oil should be about 350 degrees.
- Dip catfish in egg and cover with cornmeal, flour mixture.
- Place fillets in skillet and cook about 5 minutes on each side or until fish turns a golden brown color.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.