Roasted Mediterranean ChickenFrom alp26 6 years ago
- 4 or 5 lb chicken shopping list
- 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 8 garlic cloves (don't peel) shopping list
- 1 zucchini, cut into cubes shopping list
- 1 lb small potatoes shopping list
- sprigs of thime shopping list
- 1 red pepper, seeded, de-cored, and quartered shopping list
- 1 fennel, quartered shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pour some olive oil over chicken and rub it all over it. Roll lemon on surface (to get juices going) but do not cut open; place halfway inside bird and add a couple sprigs of thime. Add pepper to bird. Put bird in pan, breast side down (don't worry if your bird is slightly favoring one side; we want to get that back cooked well), and roast for 30 minutes.
- Take chicken from oven, flip it over breast-side up, and baste with juices from its pan. Put the small potatoes in the pan with the bird and roll them around so they could pick up the juices. Put this all back into the oven for another 30 minutes.
- Take chicken and potatoes from oven. Add the red pepper, zucchini, fennel, and garlic to the pan. Pour with 1/2 cup olive oil and add some thime sprigs here and there. Make sure everything is coated well. Cook for a further 30 to 50 minutes, still basting and moving the vegetables around sometimes. To check for a nice, cooked chicken: Using a fork or knife, stick it in between the breast and thigh of the chicken. If the juices aren't red, but clear, then the chicken is ready.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: It looks rustic-Mediterreanean if you just serve the chicken and vegetables from their roasting pan and let people serve themselves from the pan.
The Cookalp26 Brooklyn, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!