Scottish Steak PieFrom pizzaman 4 years ago
- 2 lb prime stewing steak - any better quality steak cut will do shopping list
- 1 lb small white onions peeled shopping list
- 1/2 lb small button mushrooms shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of plain flour shopping list
- salt / pepper shopping list
- Make it easy, use a quality store bought flaky or puff pastry. shopping list
How to make it
- Put a little oil in a frying pan and sear the meat. Then remove and lightly brown the onions then the mushrooms.
- Place all in a saucepan with 8 - 12 fl.oz. of beef stock -fresh or from a can.
- Stew for 1.5 - 2 hours until the meat is very tender.
- Put steak and gravy in pie dish, putting a pie funnel (if you have one) in the center to release the steam.
- Roll out the pastry 1inch larger than the pie dish and cut a half inch wide strip from edge. Lay this strip around the edge of the pie dish first wetting the rim, press it to make it stick. Lay pastry over the pie and cut a hole in the center for the funnel.
- Press around edge to make pattern. Any remaining pastry can be cut in leaves etc. to decorate the top. Brush with beaten egg. Cook for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
The Cookpizzaman Baltimore, MD
The Rating7 people
This Sounds Good and Simple...
Thanks for Sharing!chef_irish in Gainesville loved it
wow great meat pie thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Excellent recipe and I wish I could give it more than 5 forks!lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!