Sukhi Bhaji Dry curry of cabbage and potatoesFrom pieplate 6 years ago
- 1 lb cabbage (½ head) shopping list
- ½ lb potatoes (2 large) shopping list
- 3 T peanut oil shopping list
- ½ onion, chopped fine shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 T minced ginger root shopping list
- 1 t curry powder shopping list
- 1 t salt (more or less, to taste) shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Slice cabbage very fine and slice crosswise into 2” lengths
- Cut potatoes into ¼-inch dice and wash off starch in 2 changes of water.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté until tender.
- Add potatoes and garlic and sauté until transparent, stirring frequently. This will take around 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage, curry powder, ginger and salt, and mix well.
- Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cabbage and potatoes are thoroughly cooked and golden, about 20-25 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, stir once, and serve.
- 4 side servings or 2 main dish servings. Very good with yogurt on top.
The Cookpieplate Claremont, CA
The Rating2 people
Love the spices here, and the simplicity! Sounds like a winner to me!juels in Clayton loved it