Make-Ahead Shepherds PieFrom mbelisle 5 years ago
- 3 lbs extra lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 3-4 tbsp prepared crushed garlic shopping list
- 3-4 tbsp dried thyme shopping list
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup Bovril beef concentrate or equivalent shopping list
- 2 lbs frozen mixed vegetables shopping list
- 12-16 cups instant mashed potatoes, prepared shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onion and garlic in a bit of oil in a large skillet until starting to brown.
- Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Add thyme, salt and pepper while beef is cooking.
- Add frozen vegetables and beef concentrate and stir well to mix concentrate in thoroughly.
- Put into baking dish or dishes and top with mashed potatoes. If you use more dishes, spreading the meat mixture thinner you will need more potatoes. I use 2 9x13 deep pans and it takes 16 cups of potatoes. When I use one large pan it only takes 12 cups.
- Bake at 350 F for one hour or until heated through.
- Serve hot.
The Cookmbelisle Regina, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!