Grandma Bs Buttermilk BiscuitsFrom mbeards2 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Sift the dry ingredients together three times (I think this is what makes them so light!).
- Cut in the butter and blend it in with a pastry fork.
- Stir in the buttermilk.
- Dump out the biscuit dough onto a floured surface. Sprinkle lightly with more flour and gently flatten the dough until it is about 3/4-inch to 1-inch thick.
- Cut out biscuits and place biscuits on an un-greased baking sheet, about 1/2-inch apart.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the biscuits are lightly browned.
- NOTE-Sweet milk can be used in place of the buttermilk, but you need to leave out the baking soda.
The Cookmbeards2 Omaha, NE
The Rating3 people
Mmmmm homemade biscuits are so much better than store bought....especially with some cinnamon apple jelly(my favorite). thanks for posting!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Ooooh these sound so good. Can't wait to try them out. High 5 from mebrianna in loved it
If I could I would live on these alone made with love I can not think of anything better then comfort food like these.
Five forks and a big smile :)
<...moretrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!