Grandma Bs Buttermilk BiscuitsFrom mbeards2 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Sift the dry ingredients together three times (I think this is what makes them so light!).
- Cut in the butter and blend it in with a pastry fork.
- Stir in the buttermilk.
- Dump out the biscuit dough onto a floured surface. Sprinkle lightly with more flour and gently flatten the dough until it is about 3/4-inch to 1-inch thick.
- Cut out biscuits and place biscuits on an un-greased baking sheet, about 1/2-inch apart.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the biscuits are lightly browned.
- NOTE-Sweet milk can be used in place of the buttermilk, but you need to leave out the baking soda.
The Cookmbeards2 Omaha, NE
The Rating3 people
If I could I would live on these alone made with love I can not think of anything better then comfort food like these.
Five forks and a big smile :)
<...moretrigger in loved it
Ooooh these sound so good. Can't wait to try them out. High 5 from mebrianna in loved it
Mmmmm homemade biscuits are so much better than store bought....especially with some cinnamon apple jelly(my favorite). thanks for posting!jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!