Sweet Potato Carrot And Plum Casserole Also Known As TzimmesFrom chacha 7 years ago
- 4 large sweet potatoes (about 3 pounds ), peeled and cut into chunks shopping list
- 2 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1 inch chunks shopping list
- 1 package (12 ounces) pitted dried plums, halved shopping list
- 1 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, cut into cubes shopping list
- Note: I like to grate a little fresh nutmeg over the top during the last 10 minutes of baking. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 350° and bake for 1-3/4 hours.
- In a greased 13 in. x 9 in. baking dish, combine sweet potatoes, carrots and plums.
- Blend orange juice, water, honey, brown sugar and cinnamon and pour over vegetables.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Uncover and dot with margarine or butter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes longer, gently stirring every 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and sauce has nicely thickened.
- Serves 10
The Cookchacha New York, NY
The Rating4 people
Excellent recipe!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Mmmmm...sweet potatoes, carrots and plums...What a lovely combination! Bookmarked and 5 forks!juels in Clayton loved it
Another winner Chacha. Yummm.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it