Zucchini BreadFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cups sugar (I prefer to use 1 cup white and 1 cup brown) shopping list
- 2 cups peeled, grated zucchini (I remove the seeds in the center before grating so I am using the flesh only) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- ½ teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup chopped nuts, if desired shopping list
- brown sugar, for topping shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil and sugar; stir in zucchini and extract.
- Add remaining ingredients; blend well.
- Pour into 2 greased medium loaf pans (or 3 small).
- Sprinkle some brown sugar over top of batter.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35 to 50 minutes, depending on size of pans.
- NOTE: For some "special" french toast, dip slices of zucchini bread in a mixture of a couple eggs mixed with a little milk, a dash of sugar and cinnamon, and fry in a little butter for "Zucchini French Toast"...serve with just a drizzle of maple syrup or dust with some powdered sugar. This is GOOD!