Gnocchi with Bolognese SauceFrom chef_irish 5 years ago
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef shopping list
- 7 oz. ground pork shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pancetta (non smoked bacon) shopping list
- 3/4 cup white onion finely chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrots shopping list
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce shopping list
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp butter shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- pinch of pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook 1 - 2 pounds of Gnocchi
- In a pan heat the olive oil and add the vegetables (onions, carrots and celery). Cook for a about 5 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Raise the temperature to a high heat and add the beef, pork and pancetta. Mix often.
- Once the meat has lost most of its red color, after about 5 minutes, add 1 cup white wine and continue cooking at a high heat mixing often.
- Continue cooking until the wine evaporates and then add the tomato sauce, a pinch of salt and a very light pinch of pepper. Mix well.
- Now reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and let it cook slowly for about 2 1/2 hours. Check it occasional to be sure it doesn’t get to dry. If it does add a cup of broth.
- When the sauce is close to done add the butter.
- Serve Over 1 - 2 pounds of Cooked Gnocchi