Stinging Nettle and Potato SoupFrom irish39gal 7 years ago
- new potatoes shopping list
- WILD young STINGING NETTLES shoots (5-6" high) shopping list
- garlic shopping list
- vegetable stock (NO salt) shopping list
- PURE CLEAN water (not from city-source tap water) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- (OPTIONAL-spoonful of yogurt, added to each serving) shopping list
How to make it
- 3-4 LARGE POTATOES
- (cut and cubed - not peeled)
- add to pot with water to cover
- bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer.
- GO PICK YOUR NETTLES
- (about 10 CUPS LOOSELY PACKED)
- Saute by handfuls with olive oil and garlic
- 1TBS Olive oil and 2TBS fresh minced Garlic (each handful)
- Add to simmering potatoes.
- Add vegetable stock to taste
- Cook-20 minutes (minimum)
- Let cool 15 minutes.
- Puree in blender
- Reheat when needed or store in freezer containers.
- Will keep in your refrigerator for a week (cooking time-pasteurizes)
The Cookirish39gal RR2 Oxford Station, CA
The Rating1 people
This sounds like it would be very healthful. Nettles are good for so many different things and with the healthy amout of garlic, this has got to be good for you as well as being tasty. Thanksdragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!